Why Should I Sell My Farmland at Public Auction?
Published on Aug 21, 2019 by Jared Chambers
As a licensed real estate agent and professional farmland auctioneer, I get asked many times “Why should I sell my farmland at public auction?” The answer to this question is simple. A professionally managed farmland auction offers so many benefits to sellers that traditional methods of marketing simply can not provide.
Here are a few reasons why:
- Sell in 60 days or less. By specifying a date on which you intend to sell, you create a sense of urgency with all potential buyers.
- Exclusivity. Our proven experience and award-winning marketing techniques coupled with proven direct sales efforts will bring your farmland to the attention of qualified buyers by exclusively showcasing it throughout the entire marketplace.
- National Exposure. We promote your property on a national scale, which exposes your farmland to more qualified buyers, in turn creating increased competition and more competitive bidding.
- Seller is in control. Buyers act on your schedule because you, as the seller, set the time, date and auction location along with the terms and conditions, thus eliminating all negotiations. Potential buyers know that you are committed to sell on a specific date, therefore they do their homework and due diligence in advance and arrive on auction day ready to bid.
- Higher Price. Auctions will often generate a higher price than traditional listings. There is no limit on the upside potential because of the competitive bidding that happens the day of the auction. The price is always negotiated up, therefore netting top dollar for your farm.
- Close in 30 days or less. Peoples Company auctions are contingency free, so you’ll be able to make plans based on an on-time closing of your farmland.
Farmland Auctions Do Not Set A Maximum Price For Your Property!
Selling a farm may be the single highest transaction a person ever deals with. You only have one chance to do it right. Hire a professional company that will work with you and help you achieve your goals.
If you’d like more information on selling your farmland at public auction, please contact one of the professional auctioneers at Peoples Company today or call 855-800-LAND (5263). Visit www.PeoplesCompany.com to view our upcoming land auctions and learn more about our company.