Founder of meatless, plant-based burger company added to Land Investment Expo speaker slate
Peoples Company, the host of the 13th annual Land Investment Expo (Expo) on Tuesday, January 14, 2020, today announced two additions to the Expo’s keynote speaker slate. Danny O’Malley, formerly of Beyond Meat and the founder of the meatless, plant-based burger company Before the Butcher, will speak about the growing consumer demand for meatless protein and how farmers and land owners can unlock the growth potential within this market.
In addition, Vance Crowe, the former director of millennial engagement for Monsanto, will speak about the Overton window within modern agriculture.
“The thirteenth Land Investment Expo already boasted an exceptional lineup of speakers, but the addition of Danny and Vance continues our history of bringing to the Expo thought-provoking conversation around emerging market challenges and forces that impact modern agriculture,” Peoples Company President Steve Bruere said.
The Expo will be held at the Iowa Events Center in downtown Des Moines. Featured speakers will include:
- Jon Meacham, Pulitzer Prize-winning author and presidential historian
- Anthony Scaramucci, former White House Communications Director and Founder of Skybridge Capital
- Danny O’Malley, founder of Before the Butcher
- Vance Crowe, former director of millennial engagement for Monsanto, communications strategist
- Dr. Simon Atkins, climate risk economist and forecaster
- Nikolas Badminton, world-renowned futurist, author and researcher
- Dr. Thomas A. Lumpkin, Emeritus Director General of the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center
- Craig Hill, President of the Iowa Farm Bureau
The Expo program will also offer engaging breakout sessions on a variety of topics.
Land Investment Expo
News & Events
Peoples Company proactively works to anticipate the needs of those in the agricultural sector. Our monthly email publication keeps readers in the know about everything land.