Lee County, IA
340.00 Acres M/L
1537 270th Street |
Argyle, IA 52619 |
Peoples Company is pleased to present Wildlife Acres, a rare opportunity to purchase a one of a kind property in the picturesque hills overlooking the Des Moines river corridor just north of the IA/MO border. Whether you are looking for a secluded recreational property, an ideal location for your cow/calf operation, or just that perfect place to call home, this may be the one that you’ve been holding out for. This property features an elegant 4480 SF two story home and several outbuildings overlooking two large stocked ponds and surrounded by 340 acres m/l of arguably some of the most scenic terrain you could imagine in southwestern Lee County, Iowa.
This secluded property is home to a vast array of wild game including deer, turkey, waterfowl, rabbit, squirrel, raccoon, coyote, fox and bobcat. Monks creek flows through the heart of the farm providing a year-round water source for the livestock and wildlife. Hunting has been strictly managed creating a private wildlife sanctuary in between two large tracts of the state-owned Croton Unit of Shimek State Forest. Highly maintained and manicured this property includes miles of groomed trails along with multiple box blinds, tree stands and food plots that have been placed in strategic locations over the years along the many natural deer travel routes. This is an excellent opportunity to “hit the ground running” and develop this farm into that world-class hunting property you’ve always dreamed about. Seasoned deer hunters will appreciate the unique combination of minimal road frontage along with easy access to every part of the property with the predominantly westerly winds in their favor.
The farm consists of a wide range of habitat including mature hardwood timber, brush, cedar thickets, native grasses, wildflowers, Aronia Berries, grass alfalfa hay, and four farm ponds. Annual income from the 91.31 acres of FSA tillable farmland, currently in hay production, will provide a solid return on your investment. Property is located in Section 25 of Van Buren Township just a 2hr drive from the Quad Cities or 2hr 45min from Des Moines or St Louis.
- This area is a Sportsman’s Paradise with easy access to fishing, boating, canoeing and kayaking along the Des Moines River (just 2 miles south) and the Mississippi River just (10 miles to the east)
- Shimek State Forest (9,148acres) is one of the largest state owned forest in Iowa providing for camping, horseback riding, hunting, fishing, hiking and more.
Contact listing agent to schedule a private showing.
- Main house: 4480 SF built in 1978 several updates since then
- 4 Bedroom, 2 1/2 Bathroom
- Open floor plan with beautiful natural lighting
- Composite deck overlooking shaded backyard
- Three pole barns 22’x48’ (1900), 40’x64’ (1980), 24’x40’ (1995)
- Second home: 720 SF built in 1900
- Four stocked ponds throughout the property
- Excellent access to all portions of the farm via groomed trails
- Rathbun rural water serviced on the property
- 91.31 acres currently in hay production (50/50 crop share)
- Tillable CSR2 of 55.6
- Potential for a grass landing strip
Exact legal description to be taken from the Abstract.
From Argyle, IA travel north on US Highway 27 for approximately 1.5 miles. Turn west onto 280th street and travel for 1 mile. Turn north onto 170th avenue and travel for approximately 1.8 miles until it bends back west keep traveling straight for approximately a half mile on 270th Street. The property will be located on the west side of 270th Street. Look for signs.
From Donnellson, IA keep traveling south on US Highway 27 for approximately 3.30 miles. Turn west onto 255th Street and travel for approximately 2 miles. Turn south onto 160th avenue and travel for 1.50 miles. Turn back west onto 270th Street and travel for a half mile. The property will be located on the west side of 270th Street. Look for signs.
- Sign On Property: Yes
- MLS Number: 634798
- Parcel Number: 012712253000050, 012712253000030, 012712253000020, 012712361000020, 012712361000010, 012712352000020, 012712264000050 012712253000040, 012712352000040
- School District: Central Lee School District
- General Area: Argyle
- Net Taxes: $7,886.00
- CSR2: 55.60
Use the Interactive Map to explore the property's regional location. Zoom in and out to see the property's surroundings and toggle various mapping layers on and off in the Map Layer Menu.